- Prepare for your class by arriving early to choose a mat and assemble your equipment.
- Please remove your street shoes at the door.
- For safety and courtesy to the instructor and students, class is closed 10 minutes after the class begins.
- Please turn off all cell phones or pagers before class begins.
- Toe Sox with grip bottoms are required when using Pilates Equipment. These can be purchased at our studio.
- Choose a comfortable closer fitting exercise top and pants. Avoid baggy shirts and pants. Pants should not include belts, snaps, zippers or deep pockets.
- Please refrain from wearing heavy fragrance perfumes or lotions (some participants have fragrance allergies). Also, oils and lotions will stay on mats and upholstery and are difficult to remove. Thank you for waiting to put your body lotions on for the day.
- All hair shoulder length or longer must be pulled back and away from face. Shoulder length hair must be pulled up in pony tail so it does not get caught in the machines. If you forget, we do have hair bands that you may use. Please take them with you.
- There are two changing areas with hooks for your clothing. No shower facilities.
- Cold bottled water can be purchased at our studio for a minimal fee.
- Inclement Weather Cancellations or Closings will be sent in the form of an email. It is your responsibility to look at your email and respond. If you are not sure your class is being held, please call the studio before leaving your home. Thank you!
Registration Policies and Packages/Payments
Advanced Registration is required for all classes. There are two ways to register for classes and Private Sessions:
#1: If you want a specific class or private time each week, Pilates In Motion will hold that space for you. This will guarantee your workout days will be the same each week.
#2: If you travel frequently or have a schedule that changes, it might be best to enroll every two weeks, so you can choose a class or private time that will work in your schedule. To do this, you can respond to the weekly class and private openings email.
Our commitment to you is to give you the best instruction we can! Your responsibility to us is to show up for the class or classes you have committed to coming to each week!
Payment and Session Package Guidelines: All payments should be made in advance of your instruction. We accept check or cash, no credit cards. If you are sending a check, please make the check payable to Pilates in Motion and send to our studio location: Pilates In Motion, The Village at Fiddlers, 14 Meadow Lane, Lancaster PA 17601
All Class sessions expire 5 months from the first date you begin using them. There are no refunds for prepaid Privates or Class Packages but the fees can be transferable to another service. Packages cannot be shared with another person.
To Cancel or Change an Introductory Session, Private Session or Class, you must cancel 24 hours in advance of your class time. (i.e. Wednesday class at 4:40 pm must be canceled by Tuesday at 4:40 pm, no exceptions.) However, we understand that last minute emergencies occur. For this reason, each person will get some “last minute” emergency days for illness, work issues, sick pet or other. See below:
Class Clients: If you take 1 session per week or travel more than 90 days a year, you get 2 emergency days per calendar year but the second cancellation day must be made up within 10 days, no exceptions. If you take two days or more per week, you get 3 emergency days per year but the third cancellation day must be made up within 10 days, no exceptions. Emergency days will not apply to clients enrolled in 4 wk. beginner classes or one day specialty classes. You must email or text to say that you are taking your emergency day. No phone calls. This allows the studio to have a written record of the time the notice was given.
If you do not show for class or notify us, a session will be deleted from your package. After your emergency days are used, if you do not give a 24 – hour notice, you will be charged for that session.
Private Clients: If you take 1 session per week, you get 2 emergency days per calendar year but your second day will incur a $40 cancellation fee. If you take 2 or more sessions per week, you get 3 emergency days, but your second and third day will incur a $40 cancellation fee. If you travel more than 90 days a year, you get 1 emergency day per calendar year. Emergency days do not apply to clients taking Introductory sessions. You must email or text to say that you are taking your emergency day. No phone calls. This allows the studio to have a written record of the time the notice was given. If you do not show or notify us, a session will be deleted from you package. After your emergency days are used, if you do not give a 24- hour notice, you will be charged the full fee for your session.
Semiprivate Clients: When taking semiprivate sessions, each person in the session is responsible for their portion. If all the participants in the semiprivate sessions want to move their session, they must do this 24 – hours in advance of their session, no exceptions. You must email or text to ask for another day. No phone calls. If any individual in a 2 or 3 person cancels less than 24 hours in advance, that person is responsible for paying their portion of the session whether it was due to an emergency or illness. The only way this will not occur is if the parties have talked to the studio owner, in advance, about having a 2- person semiprivate instead. If all parties of the semiprivate session cancel before 24 hours, you will retain the session in your package.
Emergency days cannot be carried over into the next year.
Why a 24 – hour cancellation policy?
All studios require notice for cancellation and Pilates In Motion must do this as well. We are a business and need to get paid to live and pay our bills! (FYI: Mind Body Software has your credit card and if you miss, your card is charged, no excuses…no emergency days!)
We often have a waiting list, and get daily texts or emails asking for a space. If you fail to cancel, you are taking the space of someone who really wants to come!
It is a form of accountability for you to stay committed to your health!
We want to help feel better, walk taller, and leave the studio with a bounce in your step!
Client Referrals is how are studio stays in existence! For that reason, any student who refers a client to our studio will get $10 off any session or class. If a client purchases a Gift Certificate for $100 or more, they will get $10 to use toward the purchase of toe sox or gloves.
If you have any further questions about these guidelines, please contact us.